Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, July 6, 2017

Of getting my life all over again

Okay, fine. I admit. I worked 16 hours a day, had two full-time jobs and yes working beyond I can handle. I was happily earning more than 1000USD per month back as a work-at-home mom. Despite that, I never seemed to have the energy to live my life. I was sluggish all day, always hungry for a nap, too lazy to move, life was just too sedentary. Causing my undeniable weight gain. I barely moved all throughout the day, and I was lucky to see the sunshine. If I don't drive Patty to school, I may not even know Mr. Sun anymore. I was all work, kids, work, kids, work, kids and barely any time for doing other things that I did NOT like, like exercise!

I was in the hospital with every single nerve in my body is telling my cervical spine my body is in excruciating pain; I was not sure if I was every going to be able to walk again. Not sure If I am going to be able to go back to my old life drive my kids to school, do the groceries, work etc. In that moment, I did not know what life had for me. The uncertainty of not knowing what was going to happen next was going to kill me.

Luckily, I was only diagnosed with Cervical Radiculopathy. I was cleared from stroke and only had a pinched nerve in my spine. How serious or not serious that was, I am not sure. I am yet to follow up with my Neuro for that.

I am back to my normal daily life of the undomesticated, work-at-home-mom of 3. Never have I ever appreciated waking up in the morning, driving to school, paying my bills, doing the groceries, etc. I don't have the crazy-rich lifestyle but hey. I enjoy the simple joys of our provincial life.

Now, I am happily working for just 1 client, 3 hours in the morning, and 3 hours at night at my own schedule. I am still earning well, not as much as I used to but fairly enough to pay the bills, and pay for things I don't need, buy books I only read halfway, and send my kids to the best school. I can now finally enjoy sleeping in early at 10 pm and have so much energy to do what I like to do in the morning.

In one of my boring stays in the hospital, I came up with a list of the things I want to do and change in my life. Some are just small but would make a drastic change in my life as a whole.

1) Commit to a life of charity. Even when I was still dalaga, I have always been active and participative in community projects. But when I left my org and got busy with my career, I lost time for it completely.

From this day forward, I will commit to a life with charity. Hoping this will open my kids' eyes and have them grow up doing the same.

If I can make my 3 girls grow up actively engaged in Social Activities, you have 3 girls making a difference in this world.

2) Pray the rosary every day.

3) Run. I hate running, but I can at least try to pretend to like it.

4) Write daily, blog every day. If you want to improve or do better at something, do it every day. Yes? YAS!

5) Read books. But please stop purchasing new ones if you have not finished one. Damn it, Diana.

6) Learn a new skill. (Sewing, SMM, FB Ads, whatever!)

7) Invest--But my horoscope told me this is not a good year for me to make big investments. So I guess, managing my money will do.

Wish me luck guys, wish me luck.







No comments:

Post a Comment